Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


Memorial Day weekend. The unofficial beginning of summer. I think the forecast here is actually for a warm and sunny day- very unusual. The pool in the neighborhood opens tomorrow- so hard to believe it is time for that already. This weekend has the advantage of having nothing on the schedule. I was supposed to have to play for the choir this week, but that got moved because the soloist was going to be out of town, so for now, no real commitments. Mark wants some help in the garage and in the yard (trimming the holly bushes), and of course I have plenty to do, but I like the fact that we are not on a time crunch.

Took the girls to Target today to let them buy some clothes. I gave them each $100 and told them they were in charge. Well, Alex managed to spend most of her money, but both girls were a little shocked at the sizes they required. Aren't we all. Hated to hear them saying how fat they were, but we all need to get in better shape. I did manage to walk this morning. They are trying to adjust to living without so many hours of swimming each week.

For my photography class, I posted an environmental portrait- I used one of Alyssa in her bedroom. It is the kind of photo I have been wanting to take, so that you can see her Jonas Brothers posters on her wall, but also see the stuffed animal she sleeps with each night. The tween stuff is fleeting, and I wanted to capture it. This assignment gave me the deadline to get it done.

You can also see her beautifully straightened teeth in this photo. I took a whole bunch all in a row, and she liked this one the best. It is a little posed, but I am glad I have it. I can't believe I managed to take a photo in the house with no flash! So proud of myself. Really learning some stuff about my camera and how to manipulate it to get the pictures I see in my head.

Have a wonderful weekend. I hope to achieve the balance of free time doing fun things and accomplishing some things.

No comments: