Friday, May 7, 2010

Andrea Adams, photographer, Stafford, Virginia

A book review:



This book was a bit of a disappointment to me. The concept is great- by thinking of others and what you can do for them, your own situation improves. There, I just saved you the trouble of reading the book. I loved the idea of it, and I wanted to love the book, but I just didn't. The author, diagnosed with MS shortly after her wedding, was very into alternate healings and religion. It was a little liberal for me, and I can usually read anything. Again, concept a little weak to maintain for an entire book. She does have a website, and with others sharing their stories, that might be an interesting place to check out.

My other challenge this month is Lain Ehman's LOAD, or layout a day. I am trying to scrapbook a layout a day every day this month. And not just scrapbook it, but upload it to flikr, too. Sometimes that is the hard part! I am still on track after a week, so that is good for me. More layouts than I have done in a while, if you don't count Mark's retirement album.

Since I don't like blog posts without pictures, here is a layout where the challenge was to use nothing but cardstock:



Can't wait to put up pictures of my bedroom when I get it all finished. Don't hold your breath- I want to paint the room first.

No comments: