Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Message

I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving- especially a sister who is willing to host and take all of the pressure off of me! All I have to do is show up with some desserts and help cook on Wednesday and Thursday. So easy for me! I am going to the commissary this morning to get the last of what I need for my desserts and then I will be making wonderful things that we cannot eat for 2 days. Yikes- that will take some willpower.
Tony is coming home today, so that is exciting. He will be here through the weekend. The girls are really excited about that, too. Alex will be o.k. once her huge world history test is over today. Then she can feel thankful. Alyssa is in the top two for the spelling bee in her class, so that is continuing today to see if she competes for the 8th grade spot in the school.
I started a book at Creative Escape called The Good Book, where I write something I am thankful for every day. It helps keep me focused on the good things in my everyday life. Sometimes it can be hard to think of something original each day, but that is part of the process. The other part of this book is that I have to write down 5 strengths of mine each month. I only have a few days left in November to think of some. I have already listed ten, between Sept. and Oct. and I am not sure I have 15 strengths, let alone the 60 I will have to come up with for the year.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who read this blog (all 5 of you!)- think about what we really have- it is amazing!

No comments: