Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yoga

On Monday night as I pulled in to the dance studio to pay off my girls' summer classes, I saw that they had added a Thursday night yoga class for adults. On a total whim, I asked if it was full. It was not, and tonight I went to yoga. I love how you feel when you leave yoga class; I don't know why it is so difficult for me to get into the habit. I think I am going to buy a new yoga DVD (since my best yoga tape is just that, a VCR tape- yikes!) at Target and try to practice a few more times a week. I have the walking pretty well ingrained into my schedule, now it is just adding yoga and some strength training. (just!)
Do you ever feel like if you actually did all of the things so called experts tell you to do everyday (floss, exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes, take a vitamin, moisturize, eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, daily devotion- still a sticking point-, etc.) that you would need more than 24 hours in the day? Sometimes that is what I think, usually as I am trying to rationalize my way into bed without flossing.
Sometimes I wonder what I have done all day, but today, I know. Not much. I took the swim team photos this morning and it stressed me out a bit before hand, so I didn't plan anything for this afternoon. We are dog sitting for our friend's Bichon, and he and I did some resting together for a while. The girls and I watched last night's So You Think You Can Dance on the DVR, and that about sums up my day, along with eating an entire carton of grape tomatoes and 2 white peaches (so sweet!). The dog sitting is reminding me of what is to come in the puppy department- I had kind of forgotten that panic of thought- where's the dog? and its implied meaning- what is the dog destroying at this particular moment? Nordstrom (don't ask) is 5 years old and very calm, so that part is not puppy like, but being used to a 70 lb. golden retriever, the Bichon is puppy sized.
Tomorrow Alyssa gets assessed by the physical therapist, and I am looking forward to having a plan to help her shoulder get better. More news after that.

No comments: