Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Night Blues

It is the end of Spring Break. I hate that. Tomorrow we go back to schedules and practices and classes, etc. I enjoy the unstructured bit a lot more. I didn't get enough done to satisfy myself, nor did I get enough pure relaxation to make that o.k. Sometimes, it just doesn't happen that way.

So, tomorrow I will have a big to-do list which hopefully I can cross things off of in order to feel productive. One of the things I have to do is finish my book for Book Club- Until Proven Innocent, which is a book about the Duke Lacrosse rape case. I have a need for the world to be fair (even though my mother told me constantly that it wasn't) and this book is driving me crazy. Doesn't help that I have a son in that demographic of college bound athlete, and it just infuriates me on behalf of those mothers who had to watch that. Seriously upping my blood pressure, I am sure. Making it hard to read for long stretches.

Looking forward to a day alone in my house, though. I do enjoy some time away from the Disney channel (the youngest) and/or ESPN (the oldest) audio constantly droning in the background.

Now that spring is officially here, I need a new set of goals to work on. Stacy Julian posted a summer time challenge last year, and I think I want to attempt it this spring in an effort to get a jump on the summer thing.

Here are the basics:

Throw away or hide the scale
Purchase or check out a good book to read from everyday
Get at least seven hours of sleep six nights a week
Replace negative self talk with positive affirmations
Refuse to gossip or add negativity to any conversation

Life Summary

Love yourself just the way you are, but commit to becoming a better version of you, by throwing out anything that sends messages of guilt to your brain. Decide instead to fill your mental bucket with good, uplifting and motivational stuff.

· 30 minutes of sustained, aerobic exercise 3-4 times a week
· 20 to 30 minutes of strength training exercise 2-3 times a week
· 15 minute walk (outside) every single day, opposite your exercise


Exercise Summary

Six days a week, twice a day. If you are doing aerobic/strength training in the a.m., then you walk in the evening. If you are exercising in the evening, then you start each day with a brisk “fresh air” walk. Take one rest day each week.

· Eat breakfast by 8:00 every day.
· Correct issues with portion control
· Eat 3 fresh/unadulterated servings of fruit/veggies everyday
· One or less caffeinated/diet drink per day
· No fast food
· No eating after 7 Monday thru Thursday
· Drink 3 glasses of water between meals each day
· No indiscriminate snacking

Food Summary

Six days a week, eat 5-6 portion-controlled meals a day. Three of these meals should be eaten slow enough to savor each food.


The only thing that I know for sure I cannot do is stop eating by 7- many times dinner is at 7:30, especially during baseball season. I will just pledge not to eat after dinner.

I would really like to lose 10 lbs by the middle of June. I would really LOVE to lose 15 lbs by then.

There, I said it. If it is on the web, it must be true, right??
Happy Spring!

No comments: