Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why am I a single parent when I've been married for 21 years?

As a Marine wife, I am used to being the only parent a lot of the time. The only times it really gets to me is 1)when I need to be in 2 places to pick up kids at the same time and 2)when the kids are sick. Well, Alex is sick and I am on week 2 of Mark being gone, and I don't like it. I hate seeing her feeing so bad. It is rather pitiful.
The other day we were watching The Biggest Loser (my one and only TV show) and one of the women was crying because she had been away from her husband for something like 3 or 4 weeks. Both of my girls thought she was such a wimp. This military lifestyle has seriously warped my girls. I was trying to explain why it might be difficult if your husband never traveled and was home every night, and Alex said "Never traveled? You would have no time by yourself? Oh, I can't have that kind of husband!" I guess that means I haven't made being alone seem too bad. Luckily for Alex, her intended, Joe Jonas, will have to travel some of the time for touring, so she has that to look forward to! :).
Trying to get motivated on a Saturday, but my headache is making me want a nap! Off to do something...

No comments: