Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Healthy Update


Keeping up with my HEALTHY resolutions-
I WILL
Healthy Body
sleep 8 hours a night- still not up to 8 hours, but working on it. Still not turning on the TV unless I think the weather warrants it.
give up soda- still no soda since January 17
drink more water- drinking more, probably still not enough
eat 5 fruits and veggies a day- pretty good with this, since they are free on WW
walk the dog 5x a week- twice in two weeks does not earn me any gold stars
take three classes a week (yoga, etc.)- yoga is a go, nothing else yet
stretch with Alyssa 2x a week- managed this twice, and then Alyssa pulled her hamstring (not stretching with me!) so it will be a bit longer before that becomes regular habit- Alex may have to step in for a bit.

Healthy Mind
read 50 books in a year- I finished The Girl who Fell From the Sky and The One Who Loves You Best these 2 weeks. I think I counted up 20 books I have right now either on my kindle or in a basket that I want to read. All of them. Right now.
complete 2 photography projects- haven’t picked projects yet (still- need to look for project #1)
meditate (work up to 10 minutes at a time)- haven’t worked on this yet
create a monthly review scrapbook layout- behind on January, but it isn’t a great picture taking month for me. Hoping to catch up before February is over
visit a museum once a month- still a no for the year- must put on calendar
complete the scrapbooking classes I sign up for- FAIL. Plan to make a list of currently unfinished classes to put my things in order for.
complete NaNoWriMo in January- FAILED. But want to keep writing, so that is good.

Healthy Finances
complete Dave Ramsey class-decided I will miss too many classes with Dance, etc, and Mark travelling, so I am going to work through the book
feel in control- Not yet
monthly meeting with Mark- did my homework while he was gone, working on better control

Healthy Marriage
date night once a month with Mark (and the financial meeting doesn't count)- no date night, no plans. I guess if I want one, I better plan one.

Healthy Home
organized cleaning plan- need a better plan- would like to start cleaning things out, and definitely need a plan for that
completing projects in a timely manner (I will try and make a list of projects for each month)- haven’t made my full list yet- and now it is the middle of February, so I need to get on that!
In January, my one goal is to finish reupholstering the chair I started in the fall- started recovering it, decided I wanted different fabric, waited a week to get fabric, got fabric, started upholstering it, decided it needed covered buttons on the back. Covered buttons, but now need upholstery needle to finish attaching buttons. Buying tomorrow.

Healthy Spirit
daily devotional time and more prayer-Reading the One Year Bible pretty regularly, also my boss gave me a book by Andy Stanley called The Grace of God which is really good for me, and is helping me with some issues I have.
I WILL TRY AND UPDATE MY PROGRESS SEMI WEEKLY> GOING FOR WEEKLY, BUT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN

No comments: