Friday, December 31, 2010

One Little Word- Healthy


For the past few years Ali Edwards has sponsored a movement called One Little Word. There is even a Big Picture Class for it this year. I have participated for the past four years. This year my word is HEALTHY. I am creating 6 categories for this word.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Finances, Healthy Home, Healthy Spirit and Healthy Marriage. After being sort of out of things most of the fall due to my back issues, I really want to concentrate on getting and staying healthy. I have many ideas about how to do this, and since this is my blog, I am going to outline most of them here so that I can always find it!
Healthy Body
goals- sleep 8 hours a night, give up soda, drink more water, eat 5 fruits and veggies a day, walk the dog 5x a week, take three classes a week (yoga, etc.)and stretch with Alyssa 2x a week
Healthy Mind
goals- read 50 books in a year, complete 2 photography projects, meditate (work up to 10 minutes at a time), create a monthly review scrapbook layout, visit a museum once a month, and complete the scrapbooking classes I sign up for, complete NaNoWriMo in January
Healthy Finances
goals- complete Dave Ramsey class, feel in control, monthly meeting with Mark
Healthy Marriage
goals- date night once a month with Mark (and the financial meeting doesn't count)
Healthy Home
goals- organized cleaning plan, completing projects in a timely manner (I will try and make a list of projects for each month) In January, my one goal is to finish reupholstering the chair I started in the fall.
Healthy Spirit
goals- daily devotional time and more prayer
This is a lot, but I really do want to make some changes. I know that practice makes me better at most things, so blogging and taking pictures and scrapbooking are all things I want to make more time for. Not sure where that time is coming from since I want to go to bed earlier, but I am hoping being more organized will help with that.

1 comment:

Debbie H said...

Fantastic set of goals, I could duplicate these for myself (less dates with your man of course). Good luck, I feel inspired to join the class myself after reading this.