Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's- the Ultimate Start Over


We have arrived at one of my favorite parts of the year- the cusp of a new one. While I can take any moment and make it a time of beginning so that I can make lists of things to do or improve (moving, school starting, summer starting, etc.), this is the one the whole world joins me in. It is almost overwhelming, how many things I want to do and change.

First, there is the One Little Word challenge by Ali Edwards. I will post more on that in the next couple of days- my word is ready to roll, but all of the details are not.

Then, there are project goals I want to accomplish. I am not a crazy project every week girl, but there are many things I want to finish, or start and finish, and using the blog to document them might help me stay a little bit accountable. (to myself and the other 3 people who occasionally pop by to read this.)

Alex wants to read 50 books in a year, and I think that sounds admirable and probably doable. I probably have 50 books in the house that I haven't read that I wanted to at some point. I also have a shiny new Kindle just waiting to hold books for me. :)

I have multi-dimensional resolutions- ever the optimist about changing at the beginning of the year. I am still working with pen and paper to get everything all clear in my head, but one of the goals is to publish here frequently in 2011. At least to show all of my projects and photos and such.

Of course, there are the overachievers- Susan pointed me to one tonight- a stay at home mom and scrapbooker who manages daily posts to her blog with photos, a book a week, a project a week, posting on the Weekly Gratitude blog, and serving on design teams for scrapbooking. Who are we kidding?? I am really glad the internet was not around when my kids were little- I would have felt like quite the slacker.

Nevertheless, I am quite busy right now thinking of how much better I could be by the end of 2011. Some of my thoughts are for the long term, some are until I solve a problem or complete a project, but the thoughts, they are legion. When I have a clearer plan formulated, I will be back here (maybe tomorrow or the 1st) to lay it all out there and have something to look back on.

Do you have any resolutions? one little word? let me know...

No comments: