Monday, February 15, 2010

Around Here



I am an avid reader of Ali Edwards blog. She is inspiring in many ways, mostly with simple ways to tell your story. She posted a blog at WishStudio, which I only found today because of her link. I really like how she repeated the words, Around Here, and followed it with what was going on in her life. Her list is much more insightful than mine, but I am working on a deeper one just for me,and not the blog.

Around here, there are huge piles of snow in our yard.
Around here, lasagna is bubbling in the oven.
Around here, the girls are at one of their many dance classes.
Around here, we are anticipating going to school after almost two full weeks of snow break.
Around here, Dad is going in to work for the last few times, to sign papers and go to the doctor as he prepares for retirement from the Marine Corps.
Around here, Mom is waiting for her 7:30 yoga class.
Around here, clothes are laid out for four days of work.
Around here, the girls’ rooms are cleaner than they have been in a long time.
Around here, Mom is taking the Yesterday and Today class from Ali Edwards along with Susan Usry- a few months late. Better late than never.
Around here, it is cold.
Around here, we take photos to record our lives right now.
Around here, we are enjoying watching the Olympics together at night.
Around here, Summer is frustrated with the lack of walking in all of this snow.
Around here, we are in a good place.


What is happening around you?

1 comment:

Susan said...

This is really cool - you did a good job. Since I don't have a blog, I'll do mine here, in no particular order!

Around here, Addie Grace is finally in bed which makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Around here, we are surprised that AG sat still and let me read her 6 bedtime stories, one of which was pretty long.

Around here, Tom is working on our taxes and hunting for his calculator AGAIN.

Around here, Girl Scout Cookies abound.

Around here, we really enjoyed the snow this past weekend - unusual for us.

Around here, I am desperately trying to catch up on the Yesterday and Today class I am taking with you.

Around here, we are excited that tomorrow is vegetable day at school, which means AG and Tom will come eat lunch with me.

Around here, I am already ready for the weekend. Sad I know.

Around here, I am wondering why I am a principal, since my day had nothing to do with kids and learning and everything to do with stupidity, which I don't do well.

Around here, I wish I had more time to read.

Around here, we watched more movies this past weekend than we have seen in a year. (4 in all - wow!)

Around here, Max needs to go for a really long walk - he missed several due to the cold and snow.

Around here, we are seeking balance.

Around here, there is still too much clutter.

Around here, it is my parents' 47th wedding anniversary today.

Around here, I wish I had more time to scrapbook.

Around here, we are a happy family learning to adjust to new things daily!