Friday, October 17, 2008

THREE TEENAGERS

I am now officially the mother of three teenagers. I knew this day would come, long ago when they were very small and I thought of it with some trepidation and with some hope for the days when they would leave the house for long stretches of time without me...Here it is. They do indeed leave my house for long stretches of time without me- and only two of them need me to drop them off and pick them up when they do. I am going to try and get a picture of all of them together tonight, on Alyssa's birthday. Here is Alyssa just before leaving for school this morning:

Thirteen years old. Wow. Got her some balloons, made some chocolate mousse (a cake will come later for the party) and wrapped several things in gift bags. She stayed after school for a field hockey game (several of her friends play on the team), so she isn't home yet. Hope she is having a good day now that the Geometry test and the Spanish test are over.

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!

No comments: